Thursday, November 19, 2015

In my corner of the world...

This world is rough, lately, it seems to be getting tougher.

Around every corner there are sad stories - abuse, abandonment, people struggling, terrorists, refugees, war, bombings - the list is endless.

And now all that bad news is delivered immediately and unceasingly to the device of your choosing. Social media, news outlet updates and even TV. 

It's very easy to get sucked in. 

Also, thanks to social media- every Tom, Dick and Harry has the platform to exercise their 1st amendment right at free speech and spew their opinions all over Facebook and the Internet.

There are memes and videos and statements and quotes. All espousing one "truth" or another. It's all propaganda and it's infuriating.

This is a huge energy suck for me. I get wrapped up and angry when I see things that are so against my own beliefs, when I follow these tragedies, when I'm hooked in. 

I feel hopeless and angry and sad. And I don't like to feel that way. So what's my solution? What am I doing to protect my energy and my corner of the world?

I've stopped. I've stopped watching the news and reading the updates. I refuse to participate in the fear campaigns or spew my own opinions. I've  unfollowed those who do.

Instead, I choose light. I choose love. I choose compassion. 

Instead, in my corner of the world, I am praying and setting a higher vibration of faith and hope and peace. 

And when I see others doing the same- my heart is lightened and full. 

Am I naive? Am I ignoring reality? Perhaps. 

 I was recently listening to a podcast from Shawn Achor who is a positive psychology researcher. He was describing some of his research that says we are bombarded with so much information and our brain can only process a certain amount of it. Therefore, we get to CHOOSE the information we take in. We get to process what we want to process and ignore the rest, essentially creating our own reality. And better yet- we can even "train our brain" to process, to see, to take in the postive. 

Maybe I'm naive or maybe I'm just training the brain for my own survival. 

If I die tomorrow, I don't want to leave a life that was scared, fearful, closed off. I want to open up, love, radiate light- despite the darkness. 

In my corner of the world, I am focusing on the good- on the peace and continuing to pray that the ripple effect takes hold and spreads that love. 

These problems won't be solved overnight but imagine if we keep that vibrational frequency high- imagine the differences we could make each and every day, in our corner of the world. 

Be the change you wish to see. BE the peace, BE the love. 

Personally that sounds much better to me than being fear and anger and hate.

Just sayin....

1 comment:

  1. One must choose sources of information wisely. I think it's six corporations that own all of the news media. Great post!

    ReplyDelete